Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Vauxhall Viva Recalls?

I've just booked my wife's car into the garage for it's first service. I thought that it might take the normal hour, hour and 1/2 to be done.
    Alas it's got to be in the garage for at least 4 hours because it needs recalls carried out on it. I know about the drive shaft recall ( My wife's car does not need anything done on it ). Has anybody heard about any other recalls on the Viva?

Vehicle Details

Reference : R/2016/090
    Manufacturer Ref : 170395 (16-C-002)
    Make: VAUXHALL
    Model : Vauxhall Viva & Opel Karl
    Launch Date : 22/04/2016
    Numbers Involved : 63
    Build Start Date : 14/12/2014
    Build End Date : 10/03/2015
    Recall Details

Concern : RISK OF DRIVESHAFT FAILURE
    Description : Due to insufficient coating during manufacture the drive-shafts) may corrode and fracture. In the event that the drive-shaft is fractured, the vehicle loses drive, but steering and braking will be still be available.
    Remedial Action : On affected vehicles replace both drive shafts.
    Vehicle Id : W0LDE6E72GC500082 to W0LDD6E78GC500655
    W0LDE6E72GC500082 to W0LDD6E78GC500655
    Last edited by Ecosse; 06-28-2016 at 02:41 PM.

When and where did you hear about the recall? I owned my Viva for 8 months now and havent heard about this.

I only heard about it when I rung up the garage to book a service.
    I'm trying to find out more information on the recalls and will let everyone know what I find out.

That's my wife's car gone in for service and to have the calls carried out on it.
    The recalls are for:
    1. Timing belt change.
    2. Lift gate hinge
    3. Parking break cable
    4. Rear axle trailing arm.

Should get the car back today.

How did it go?

I am having doubts about bringing it to the dealer for the service because I don't know if they are reputable. Some reviews online say to avoid.

I have no complaints about the dealer. They collected the car ( a little later than expected ) did all the work, rung me to say the work had been completed and that they were just leaving to return my car. If you don't go to a dealer you won't be able to get the recall work carried out. If your not happy with your dealer you can always take it to a different one near you.

Just had my Viva in for its first service. My car is within the chassis range listed in the drive shaft recall mentioned above but the dealer said they new nothing of the recall and it was not listed on the Vauxhall technical site so they could not carry out the work?

I emailed Vauxhall to find out about drive shaft recall since mine was within the range listed but they replied with this instead:

The following Service Update Bulletins are active on your vehicle:
    15-P-085 – Rear Axle Trailing Arm
    15-P-086 – Lift Gate Hinge
    15-P-107 – Front Camera Module
    16-P-022 – Parking Brake Cable
    16-P-039 – Timing Belt Change (Code #52) on Instrument Cluster
    We do not write to customers regarding this, as when the vehicle is serviced regularly at a Vauxhall Dealership this will be picked up by our technicians within the Service Department and complete the necessary updates. A Service Update Bulletin does not have any cause of concerns regarding the Safety of the vehicle.

When I booked mine in for a service I had to ask them about service updates because they were just going to do a normal service which would take about 1 hour instead of about 4 hours like the OP.

Did they mention that they would be changing the handbook as well?

The dealer or Vauxhall didnt mention anything about the handbook. I only emailed them about the recalls and thats all they replied about.