Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Waiting times for new cars

Hi, I have a Viva on order but have been told it takes 6 - 8 weeks at the minimum to get one in to the branch. Is this about right or is there any way of getting one sooner ?

Quote Originally Posted by malons01 View Post
    Hi, I have a Viva on order but have been told it takes 6 - 8 weeks at the minimum to get one in to the branch. Is this about right or is there any way of getting one sooner ?
    Hello all,

I also have a viva on order and am expecting a 4 - 6 week wait, from what I can make out once the dealership has sold their initial allocation our viva's could be on the next batch hence the 4 - 8 week wait (4 weeks could be optimistic)

The only way I think you may be able to find one quicker is at a dealership with some initial allocation left.

Hope that helps, malons01

Tom

Thanks Tom, that makes sense. Vauxhall customer services quickly came back to an email I sent them asking for an update and confirmed that my car is on one of their ships heading to the UK and due in on the 3rd August. Not sure how long it takes to get from the port to the dealer, but I would have thought at least another week or so, so broadly in line with their expected delivery date of 14th Aug.

Only thing I am gutted about is missing out on OnStar which won't be introduced as standard on the Viva until Jan 2016.

Thanks Tom, that makes sense. Vauxhall customer services quickly came back to an email I sent them asking for an update and confirmed that my car is on one of their ships heading to the UK and due in on the 3rd August. Not sure how long it takes to get from the port to the dealer, but I would have thought at least another week or so, so broadly in line with their expected delivery date of 14th Aug.

Only thing I am gutted about is missing out on OnStar which won't be introduced as standard on the Viva until Jan 2016.
    Couldn't agree more my friend, it seems very strange that it can be listed as current spec yet apparently not current spec till next year

Do you happen to know if our cars could be upgraded at no cost to us once onstar becomes available?

maybe I should ask the dealer when I next pop in as at the time of ordering I was not particularly bothered but as I think about it more it does rile me a little.

Yes it has annoyed me more and more as they tout it as a new feature of the new range but it won't be available until next year. It can't be added to existing vehicles as its a factory fit apparently.

same here, looking to take delivery the first week of september, can't wait I loved the drive

Just heard that my Viva has arrived at the dealers today (having come in to Bristol on the 1st Aug) and I can collect it on Wednesday. Can't wait.

Administrator
    Just heard that my Viva has arrived at the dealers today (having come in to Bristol on the 1st Aug) and I can collect it on Wednesday. Can't wait.
    Great News More cars certainly seem to be coming through now, have a good day on Wednesday

I hope you enjoy your new car when you pick it up later today.

Did you pick up your new Viva today ?